We all want to end abuse in the lives of the people we care about, in our communities – and in the world. Domestic violence often seems like an insurmountable problem, but when we work together, there is hope. Here are some things you can do to help.
- Adopt a family holiday and help shelter and transitional housing residents celebrate
- Hold a yard sale to benefit FVP
- Collect change for change
- Donate food to our shelters
- Donate new bedding for shelters
- Host a home party to benefit FVP
- Donate knitting/quilting items for victims
- Make a tax deductible donation
- Donate to the annual FVP yard sale
- Donate your used cell phone
If you know -- or suspect -- someone you care about or work with is being abused... Find out how to help and intervene with compassion, understanding – and good sense.
If you want to help where you're needed most...Become a Family Violence Project volunteer. Be the voice of hope and answer our helpline. Be a bright spot in the lives of kids affected by abuse and volunteer in the children’s program. Or help coordinate our special events and fundraisers. Just fill out our volunteer interest form or call 207-623-8637 ext. 302 for more information.
If you want to help bring an end to the cycle of domestic abuse...Make a difference by scheduling our prevention and training programs for your group, organization, or company. Let’s work together to increase awareness and change attitudes. Call us at 207-623-8637