Make sure all your profile settings are private.
- Be cautious about what you post, especially information about your location, where you work or go to school, etc.
- Be cautious about who you add to your friends page. Friends of friends can inadvertently leak information about you.
- Be cautious when going to third party sites.
- Warn friends about posting information or pictures/videos of and about you.
- Consider deleting your profile altogether and avoiding social networking sites for a time to increase your safety.