Family Violence Project (FVP) is working to end domestic violence in Kennebec and Somerset counties. We believe it will take the whole community to accomplish our mission. This includes a strong and committed work force. Won’t you consider joining our professional advocacy staff?
FVP is seeking a direct service advocate. Do you enjoy interacting with people in work that truly makes a difference? If so, we invite you to consider shelter-based advocacy with survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
What is an advocate? These are some of the essential qualities:
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong grasp of community resources and how to help survivors access them
- Unyielding belief that people can make their own decisions, with support, information, and resources available to them
- Appreciation for the diversity and complexities of human lives
- Willingness to assess and challenge one’s own beliefs and bias
- Collaborative in approach to work with individuals and with co-workers